Our Cambridge – 2017 Programme
Second Saturday of each month: 11 March, 8 April, 13 May, 10 June, 8 July
10.45am (for 11.00am start) – 12.00pm
Lower Hall, St Andrew’s Baptist Church (behind LivingStones Cafe), 43 St Andrew’s St, Cambridge CB2 3AR. See Map.
Our programme of café-style discussion groups on Saturday mornings is back.
The discussion groups are for Cambridge people to come together and openly discuss life & community in our city.
Each month we invite a speaker to introduce a local topic for discussion. We want discussions to cover the whole spectrum of issues that affect us all – including community, work, politics, health, economics, life style and culture.
It there is something that you would like to discuss at future group meetings, please let us know.
- Saturday March 11 – Community: Radical Community Building with Peter Pope – founder of CamLETS
- Saturday April 8 – Family: The Kings Hedges Family Support Project: supporting families for 23 years – with Pat Mackenzie – hands-on Trustee with Social Work background
- Saturday May 13 – Education: Early Years education and language development – with Karen Martin, Head of the Grove School
- Saturday June 10 – Mental Health: The Hidden Crisis with Jeannette Harding, wide ranging experience and recipient of a unique award by our Mental Health Trust.
- Saturday July 8 – Housing: Affordable Housing in Cambridge with Surjit Dhande from Cambridge Housing Society